Made in Movember
DublinTown is proudly supporting Movember 2014 and their drive to change the face of Men’s health!
Because this campaign is spreading awareness for such a great cause and Nialler & Jack at Movember Ireland and the team at Thinkhouse PR make such an effort to make it fun for everybody involved we could not help but get behind this foot stompin’, moustache pompin’ parade of facial hair!
Movember is back for its seventh annual campaign in Ireland and men across the country are getting ready to let it flow for Movember 2014. This year Mo Bros and Sistas nationwide will be celebrating Made in Movember, a homage to the makers and doers of Ireland. You can check out the video here…
We attended the Movember Launch in the fabulous setting of the Opium Rooms on Camden Street on Friday last and it was great to see the founders Travis Garone and Justin Coghlan (JC) there to talk about the campaign with the Movember Ireland team. It is a rare thing to see these two stalwarts of Men’s health attending such an event but it just shows that they now see Irish Mo Bros as some of the best ambassadors for the campaign in the world and they acknowledged the efforts that Irish men and women alike take to support and promote the charity. John McCormack, the Chief Executive of the Irish Cancer Society, was also in attendance and gave some rousing words of encouragement to the all attentive crowd. We are more than excited about this years campaign and hope that the people and businesses of DublinTown get behind it and let it grow!
Irish Mo Bros simply Register at Movember.com, start the month clean shaven then have the remainder of the month to grow and flow some man made moustaches, all to raise awareness and funds for men’s health. The money raised in Ireland goes to the Irish Cancer society and the Movember Foundation’s global research initiative GAP.
Girls can get involved by supporting all the Mo Bros that they know. Mo Sistas organize events, fund raise or simply support the men in their life by encouraging them to cultivate some upper lip foliage for the month. Remember, behind every great Mo is an even greater Mo Sista.
Last year 17,500 Mo Bros and Sistas raised over €2.2m for men’s health in Ireland with over 4 million Mo Bros and Sistas raising €409m worldwide since the start of the campaign.
Be sure to keep an eye on the DublinTown and Movember websites and social media for updates on all of the events and fun things happening throughout the month. There are loads of events happening all over DublinTown and Ireland and you can see details of some of the kick-ass gigs below…
Key Movember facts:
Once registered at movember.com each Mo Bro must begin his hairy journey on the 1st of Movember with a smooth, clean shaven face.
- There is strength in numbers, start a team and don’t Mo alone
- The moustache is Movember’s ribbon; it’s the vehicle men use to raise awareness and funds for prostate cancer initiatives.
- At the end of the month, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas celebrate their mighty Movember journey by throwing their own Movember parties or attending one of the famous Gala Partés held in Dublin, Cork and around the world.
- Over 2,500 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer in Ireland each year.
- 1 in 8 Irish men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- Movember’s Global Action Plan (GAP) aims to accelerate prostate cancer outcomes by bringing together the best researchers from around the world. GAP facilitates a new and unprecedented level of global research collaboration, not previously seen within the prostate cancer community.
Key Movember Events:
- Movember Turf Warrior – November 1st Killary Adventure Centre, Co. Galway.
- Movember at Web Summit – November 4th – 6th
- Mo Running – November 15th Phoenix Park
- Mo Lifting – November 22nd FFS Dublin
- Gala Party – November 28th Whelan’s Dublin